Monday, November 30, 2009

LIVING IN MY HOME TOWN!

Goodbye November.

You were nice, and entailed all sorts of things, like a car accident in front of my house at one forty-eight in the morning, the premier of the utterly hilarious continuation of the TWILIGHT saga, thanksgiving, cancelled class, and some disgusting weather. Also, you were the month in which I drove into a deceptive pot hole in the road filled with leaves and royally jacked up my muffler, and thus, my car sounds a little something resembling both a badass and a dying bear. I haven’t yet decided if that’s awesome yet, but apparently it needs to be fixed ASAP. I love getting car repairs for Christmas.

As far as succeeding at life goes, I’m still not doing it. Job search still failing. Bank account funds still anemic and growing more scarce by the day. I’m breaking new records as to how long after noon I wake up. Today it was one fifty, yesterday it was one forty. Damn class tomorrow, or I might have be able to shoot for a solid two in the afternoon.

It’s cold, and rainy and altogether too dismal and grey for my taste. I miss summer. I miss sand on the floor of my car and airplanes with banners and playing the radio outside and flip flops and sun and not being the human equivalent of the color #ffffff. Not to say them I’m not white year round, because I don’t miraculously change heritage in the summer, but It’s nice not to be utterly translucent sometimes.

But like I was saying.

Goodbye November.
You were nice.
Hello December.
I hope you’re better.

1 comment: